Doc
estrella bernabeu
Giovanni10
Zealous
futbol_bill
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

OT: euro possible group of death - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: euro possible group of death

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Sports, I see there is an Italian who disagrees with you in general section. I think the best way to resolve this conflict is if the two meet in the quarters (Italy 2nd and France 1st). The bad news tho is the winner will have to play us in semis.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

OT: euro possible group of death - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: euro possible group of death

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Zealous wrote:Put Raul and Morientes into this current Spain side and magic would happen IMO. Exactly the type of strikers they need.
Thumbs up

I hate the fact that Villa will probably be remembered as a bigger Spanish legend than Raul.

Iniesta and Silva behind a prime Raul and morientes would be absolutely exquisite.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:58 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Sports, I see there is an Italian who disagrees with you in general section. I think the best way to resolve this conflict is if the two meet in the quarters (Italy 2nd and France 1st). The bad news tho is the winner will have to play us in semis.

I'm just messing with him. He's a known troll. In these competitions, you just have to get out of the pool play and then get a good draw. Playing our first game on June 11 really helps. We have an extra week to prepare. Also, FFF president is trying to schedule Ligue 1 to finish a week earlier. Other than our guys being in CL finals, we would have a full month almost to prepare. Means 3 friendlies. Very important.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Ok see you in semi.

I still think it will be a toss-up between France, England, Italy and Sweden for that semi final slot.

Other side, I'll be putting money on Germany - Netherlands.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:18 pm

I'll give you my non-biased opinion of France: I have no idea how we'll do. Other than Abidal and Ribery, there isn't a player in the starting 11 that has had success with the France NT. Most of the players have only played regularly in the last year. The quality is there... but i have major doubts about cohesion. I actually think we will be a much better contender for WC 2014. Hoping we do well enough in the Euro so that we can use it as a launching pad. We don't have even close to the quality of the Platini and Zidane years, although it's not bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:01 pm

yeah as you said, quality is here, but something is missing in France play.
I don't know if it's a tactical issue, a cohesion one or a hang up when it comes to play with France tee shirt.
If we take them player by player, honestly France have one of the best squad in this Euro but i do not trust them. They can get out of the pool play but going further will be really tough.

the same goes for England. Crapello (England version) tactics haven't worked yet.
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Group of death isn't deadly to me as long as piggy, Ozil and Godmez are fit to play eco smile

Spain, Italy, Croatia and R. of Ireland is a very tough group on the other hand eco smile
Ireland can defend like crazy, Italy can beat Spain and Croatia could beat Spain or Italy eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:39 pm

I actually expect spain to get eliminated in the group stages. Ireland shud be able to pull off an upset and I fully expect the italians beat spain again.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:01 pm

i wouldnt count denmark out either. really is group of death. all 4 teams are top shelf imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:I actually expect spain to get eliminated in the group stages. Ireland shud be able to pull off an upset and I fully expect the italians beat spain again.

Wow, there is your vast experience showing again. Let's mark this and look back next July to see how good your prediction is.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:18 pm

deezydeez wrote:i wouldnt count denmark out either. really is group of death. all 4 teams are top shelf imo.

They are all good teams that make it in Euros, except maybe hosts. But as to say top touch, there are only 3 in this year's Euro. Spain, Germany and Netherlands.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:13 pm

Its obvious who are the main contenders, but I wouldnt write off everyone except those three bill. Italy is capable of beating Spain, Portugal of beating Germany/Netherlands, etc.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:22 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:I actually expect spain to get eliminated in the group stages. Ireland shud be able to pull off an upset and I fully expect the italians beat spain again.

Wow, there is your vast experience showing again. Let's mark this and look back next July to see how good your prediction is.

actually my prediction depends on VDB sticking with villa for starting striker. if Llorente or Soldado (if he keeps form until then) is the starter come the euros, spain wont be eliminated so early.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4