M'vila, likely addition?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Babun on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:43 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Montolivo can't really defend babun... he's just not physical enough. Sure, for a CM he's ok. But in no way is he considered a good defender. He's much better than what he used to be, which is a credit to him.

Sahin+Montolivo would be a disaster defensively. Montolivo with Khedira or Alonso would work... but then, what would be the point? Besides, Montolivo is 26 and would not want to rotate. These are his prime years.
He can defend, Sahin can as well. Combine them and we're covered Very Happy They don't have to play DMs, they're present to pressure and make steals together with the team. Both of them steal the ball better than Khedira, just need to organize the pressing properly Very Happy
By the way, he is free next year, it might work Very Happy


Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 6200
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Giovanni10 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 pm

This entire argument is pointless anyway.. We will never get Pirlo, De Rossi, Aquilani, Montolivo or even Nocerino for that matter.. Not because they can't fit our system, but because they're Italian and our club usually ignores that nationality completely.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Mr Nick09 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 pm

lol @Aquilani, but we tried to sign De Rossi, it just didnt work.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30570
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Babun on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:47 pm

@Giovanni10 wrote:This entire argument is pointless anyway.. We will never get Pirlo, De Rossi, Aquilani, Montolivo or even Nocerino for that matter.. Not because they can't fit our system, but because they're Italian and our club usually ignores that nationality completely.
None of them come even close to Sahin, not even De Rossi Very Happy I get the feeling, you don't have a clue what the guy is capable of. He might change us more than Ozil did last year, he is a signing of the same calibre eco smile

_________________
M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Funny-gifs-messy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6200
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Giovanni10 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:53 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
@Giovanni10 wrote:
I'm still going to need a hell of a lot of convincing before I will buy into the concept of a future midfield built around Nuri Sahin.

Oh that's your problem? you dont rate Sahin and sees Montolivo as a better option for his role? oh well
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Giovanni10 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
@Giovanni10 wrote:
I'm still going to need a hell of a lot of convincing before I will buy into the concept of a future midfield built around Nuri Sahin.

Oh that's your problem? you dont rate Sahin and sees Montolivo as a better option for his role? oh well
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 pm

babun1024 wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:Montolivo can't really defend babun... he's just not physical enough. Sure, for a CM he's ok. But in no way is he considered a good defender. He's much better than what he used to be, which is a credit to him.

Sahin+Montolivo would be a disaster defensively. Montolivo with Khedira or Alonso would work... but then, what would be the point? Besides, Montolivo is 26 and would not want to rotate. These are his prime years.
He can defend, Sahin can as well. Combine them and we're covered Very Happy They don't have to play DMs, they're present to pressure and make steals together with the team. Both of them steal the ball better than Khedira, just need to organize the pressing properly Very Happy
By the way, he is free next year, it might work Very Happy

You can't have 2 finesse defenders in the midfield. That's suicide. Need to have a physical presence there. Not a DM necessarily... but a presence.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Giovanni10 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Ah man, sorry about about the weird posts above. I'm posting from my phone and its
Starting to get confused..

Basically what i'm saying is, yes, I don't quite know what Sahin is capable of and I will wait for him to hopefully knock my socks right off!

But until he does, I will be dreaming about technically gifted Italians in our midfield, a dream that is likely never to come true.

Its 1am in South Africa, i'm gona get some sleep. Peace.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:04 pm

And can i repeat again that Montolivo is really, really meh. Inconsistent as can be. Better this year... but still meh imo. I don't like him that much.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm just catching up with thread. I find it quite interesting. I don't have much of an opinion, just a few observations and questions.

Although Granero, Lass and Altintop sounds interesting, I doubt it. Maybe 1 or2, but I'd be surprised if all 3 leave.
I think we are pretty well set up front so other than Kaka leaving and maybe Neymar (or possibly Hazard) coming, no changes.
Same for defense. No changes other possibly a new RB.
I also don't see any canteras making it next year. I think they need another year of maturing.

So the only real area needing a change is in midfield and a lot depends on how well Sahin turns out to be. Tell me a little more about M'villa. Does he have any offense in him or he strictly a DM?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4360
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by The Madrid One on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:34 am

i dont think we are gonna go after him, it all depends on how coentrao factors in clearly...

but it would be tactically astute for him to come here, i doubt mou would accept having the possibility of sahin,coentrao,alonso,khedira as some of the top midfield choices, its not about what mvila can do its about we can do with him.

if we dont NEED him we wont buy him.

sahin mvila would be nice? i thought u always said that it wouldnt be viable for him to come with sahin here nick? what do you think now?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4671
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Adit on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:51 am

Babun and giovani

I think you have got the answer from general section about Montelivo.

I have seen him quite few times but he never looked like a Great player to me.People are even rating aquilani ahead of him lol.Also montelivo is no where near defensively good enough to partner sahin or alonso for that matter.Completely agree with nick on this.But on other hand Javi or Vidal could easily pair with sahin or alonso.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9338
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:04 am

@futbol_bill wrote:I'm just catching up with thread. I find it quite interesting. I don't have much of an opinion, just a few observations and questions.

Although Granero, Lass and Altintop sounds interesting, I doubt it. Maybe 1 or2, but I'd be surprised if all 3 leave.
I think we are pretty well set up front so other than Kaka leaving and maybe Neymar (or possibly Hazard) coming, no changes.
Same for defense. No changes other possibly a new RB.
I also don't see any canteras making it next year. I think they need another year of maturing.

So the only real area needing a change is in midfield and a lot depends on how well Sahin turns out to be. Tell me a little more about M'villa. Does he have any offense in him or he strictly a DM?

He has more and more offense to him. Scored his first NT goal in the last go around. He doesn't get a lot of opportunities though because both at club and NT he's asked to to sweep in front of the defense sideline to sideline.... So he's a bit stuck there lol since he has nobody to cover him. His role is similar to Alonso's here except he has 2x the range, good speed and tireless. Technically very clean, but nowhere the incredible passing of Xabi. He's working on it though and is should become very good (already pretty good now).

Both NT and club rely on him so much.... And he's 21. Asked to do all the dirty work. Has a great attitude S he never, ever complains.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by SuperMAG on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:10 am

Mvila is special, he has the potential to be the best DM/CM in the planet, not signing him, WTF. simply wtf.

Khedira is a very good player, but his potential or ability is nowhere near mvila.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1651
Join date : 2011-08-18

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by S32TABLANCA on Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:49 pm

I think we should throw him as DM in an Mvila-Sahin-Ozil midfield. He is so good at defending that IMO he could survive as a kind of Makalele (take the comparison lightly), cleaning up and maybe carrying the ball, initiating plays etc. He can be a real solid backup to our great attacking talent and a help for our defence.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:54 pm

The day Babun suggested we sign Montolivo, i will remember this as the first great lapse. If Goallegacy collapses one day, history will remember this as the event

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30570
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Babun on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:30 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:The day Babun suggested we sign Montolivo, i will remember this as the first great lapse. If Goallegacy collapses one day, history will remember this as the event
I found a better solution. Apparently, Aquilani is even better :Grin:
Let's sign him eco smile Source: http://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t11857-how-highly-do-you-rate-ricardo-montolivo?highlight=montolivo
M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Alberto_Aquilani_1457261c
He is a full blood Italian midfielder from Serie A just like Giovanni wanted eco smile

_________________
M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Funny-gifs-messy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6200
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Adit on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Italian mids are shit at the moment

Lets fish the better ponds

spain and germany Smile

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9338
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Babun on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:42 pm

@Adit wrote:Italian mids are shit at the moment

Lets fish the better ponds

spain and germany Smile
Simon Rolfes Very Happy
M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Rolfes_dfb-1215502003_zoom90_crop_600x450_600x450+24+15
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/simon-rolfes/profil/spieler_691.html
eco smile

_________________
M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Funny-gifs-messy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6200
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Giovanni10 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Borja Valero is shit..

Yeah I said it :coffee:
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by futbol_bill on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:25 pm

@Giovanni10 wrote:Borja Valero is shit..

Yeah I said it :coffee:

Wow, I guess you haven't seen him play then!!!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4360
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Borja is very good... but he's too weak physically. Can get pushed around. Until he overcomes that, he's not going to be that great.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Pedram on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Borja Valero is overrated in this forum.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5899
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 am

El Pipita wrote:Borja Valero is overrated in this forum.

Not being one to start a contraversy, maybe it's just like Higgy being overrated.

Llorente, Villa > Higgy or Benz
:?: bounce affraid cheers :bball:
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4360
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Pedram on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:54 am

We have so many nationalist in this forum. Smile
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5899
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by crazzyblanco on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:15 am

why dont we just bring back canales and sarabia and get rid of lass and altintop. That way the home grown quota gets satisfied and we have a scarily young and brilliant team for the next few years

_________________
M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Kate-upton-gif-26
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 168
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

M'vila, likely addition? - Page 4 Empty Re: M'vila, likely addition?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum