chad4401
Turok_TTZ
EarlyPrototype
The Madrid One
Ganso
26 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The reason Benzema is rated so highly in the world - Page 6 Empty Re: The reason Benzema is rated so highly in the world

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:
omarish wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
omarish wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
omarish wrote:Gotta defend Higuain here...

I like Benzema alot, but Benz performed 3/2 years ago. Ever since the Real Madrid he has only been slacking, it's annoying and pretty pathetic. I still like the guy and I'm still willing to give Benzema one year more to redeem himself but in the Benzema vs Higuain battle Higuain should win, he still has done something for the club.

Whereas Benzema has brung alot of headaches, and the Sevilla and Lyon goal. Grateful but annoyed with Benzemas mentality.

so 26 goals and 9 assists in half a season's opportunity means nothing. What do people expect honestly?

Well, let's not lie. It was alot like this:

hattrick-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-hattrick etc

He was still slacking alot of that season. He did play good 3 months or something tho

Not true at all. He had a total of 8 or 9 goals until February (only 1 in La Liga)... then he scored in almost every single game he started, including some doubles.

if i remember right, he had like 7 goals until the last 3 months where he "exploded" and scored braces every game and got up to 17 goals in la liga, that's a pretty bad ratio if you ask me

He rarely played until Higuain got hurt (last week of November). He was rusty and it took him about a month and a half to get his rhythm, while Mou was harassing him in the media. Remember that there was the winter break in December/January too. And during January, Mou was experimenting with Kaka as the striker and, once Ade came in lat January, he got a couple of starts. He forced Mou to start him exclusively when he got hot. So really, he exploded in 3 out of the 4 months he was allowed to start... and April/May, there was still issues as he got an injury, Ade was preferred to him against Barca, etc.

Not an easy season to put up those kind of numbers.

i dont really believe in this "injury"-stuff you keep telling us... higuain is also backinjured but atleast he runs around and tries to get the ball, maybe his finishing isnt the same but he atleasts tries to get the ball whereas benzema didnt half of the season.

also, he started before the explosion... i dont know why you keep denying it, but benzema hasn't done anything noteworthy this season to not still get critisized. granted, he has had a good preseason but he has had that before with us and that went good didnt it?

benzema still needs to show why we should keep him

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The reason Benzema is rated so highly in the world - Page 6 Empty Re: The reason Benzema is rated so highly in the world

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:33 pm

I thought Benzema had a bad preseason when he first came? am confused now.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Ok... pimple-faced moron. go learn the basics of football and then come back to school. I'm done with you. Next!
You're the one that brought minutes to goal ratio, Higuain beat him in that too.

Last year? In all competition? You need to check your math if that's what you're saying. In 09-10 sure. I'm not disputing that Higuain had a better year then. But that's the only year in his life he's been better than Benzema.
News flash buddy, Higuain was injured all season, wouldn't be too fair to compare Higuains season this year to Benzema's this year. So if you compare Higuain's most prolific season with Madrid to Benzema's it would be a better comparison. Higuain beats Benz when comparing their best seasons.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:35 pm

omarish wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
omarish wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
omarish wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
omarish wrote:Gotta defend Higuain here...

I like Benzema alot, but Benz performed 3/2 years ago. Ever since the Real Madrid he has only been slacking, it's annoying and pretty pathetic. I still like the guy and I'm still willing to give Benzema one year more to redeem himself but in the Benzema vs Higuain battle Higuain should win, he still has done something for the club.

Whereas Benzema has brung alot of headaches, and the Sevilla and Lyon goal. Grateful but annoyed with Benzemas mentality.

so 26 goals and 9 assists in half a season's opportunity means nothing. What do people expect honestly?

Well, let's not lie. It was alot like this:

hattrick-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-nogoal-hattrick etc

He was still slacking alot of that season. He did play good 3 months or something tho

Not true at all. He had a total of 8 or 9 goals until February (only 1 in La Liga)... then he scored in almost every single game he started, including some doubles.

if i remember right, he had like 7 goals until the last 3 months where he "exploded" and scored braces every game and got up to 17 goals in la liga, that's a pretty bad ratio if you ask me

He rarely played until Higuain got hurt (last week of November). He was rusty and it took him about a month and a half to get his rhythm, while Mou was harassing him in the media. Remember that there was the winter break in December/January too. And during January, Mou was experimenting with Kaka as the striker and, once Ade came in lat January, he got a couple of starts. He forced Mou to start him exclusively when he got hot. So really, he exploded in 3 out of the 4 months he was allowed to start... and April/May, there was still issues as he got an injury, Ade was preferred to him against Barca, etc.

Not an easy season to put up those kind of numbers.

i dont really believe in this "injury"-stuff you keep telling us... higuain is also backinjured but atleast he runs around and tries to get the ball, maybe his finishing isnt the same but he atleasts tries to get the ball whereas benzema didnt half of the season.

also, he started before the explosion... i dont know why you keep denying it, but benzema hasn't done anything noteworthy this season to not still get critisized. granted, he has had a good preseason but he has had that before with us and that went good didnt it?

benzema still needs to show why we should keep him

The injury he got in France NT that caused him to miss 10-14 days in late March, early April. About the back problems, i'll dig up the article he mentioned it. He was talking about his summer routine where he sticks to pool work to save his back.

Anyone can criticize whomever they want. It happens all the time and Benz deserved it in 09-10 and early last season. But before that and starting in 2011, unless you expect him to perform like Ronaldo or Messi (the only two guys that scored more than him in 2011), then there's not much to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Ok... pimple-faced moron. go learn the basics of football and then come back to school. I'm done with you. Next!
You're the one that brought minutes to goal ratio, Higuain beat him in that too.

Last year? In all competition? You need to check your math if that's what you're saying. In 09-10 sure. I'm not disputing that Higuain had a better year then. But that's the only year in his life he's been better than Benzema.
News flash buddy, Higuain was injured all season, wouldn't be too fair to compare Higuains season this year to Benzema's this year. So if you compare Higuain's most prolific season with Madrid to Benzema's it would be a better comparison. Higuain beats Benz when comparing their best seasons.

Genius... you can't compare a season where one player started 3/4 of the games he played to one where a player only started 1/2 the games he played. You need to compare the same thing. Higuain had more minutes and more consistent minutes in 09-10 than Benzema did in 10-11. The only thing you can try and compare is goal/mins played in all competitions. In that statistic, benzema last year and Higuain in 09-10 were almost exactly the same. I posted the stats in a thread that i'll dig up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Higuain 2009-2010 stats

La Liga - goal every 89 mins
CL - goal every 236 mins
no CDR goals
Overall - goal every 102 mins
In 40 appearances he averaged 74 mins per appearance

Benzema 2010-2011

La Liga - goal every 127 mins
CL - goal every 63 mins
CDR - goal every 98 mins
Overall - goal every 106 mins
In 48 appearances he averaged 58 mins per appearance

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Higuain 2009-2010 stats

La Liga - goal every 89 mins
CL - goal every 236 mins
no CDR goals
Overall - goal every 102 mins
In 40 appearances he averaged 74 mins per appearance

Benzema 2010-2011

La Liga - goal every 127 mins
CL - goal every 63 mins
CDR - goal every 98 mins
Overall - goal every 106 mins
In 48 appearances he averaged 58 mins per appearance

Basically the same overall. All i'm saying is that Higuain has done this once in his career. Benzema has put up big numbers in 3 of his 4 professional season (25+ goals). Higuain was pretty good in 2008-2009 too; but didn't hit the 25 goal mark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Maybe we should hire Redondo as a sport director whose job is to be Higuain's cheerleader who encourages him to train, not sulk and not crash sport cars (As if Pipa's record is anything other than Merengue clean).

Benzema is getting the push from the club, the press and even Perez himself. We're all so emotionally invested in talking about him and all the support he's been receiving. It's not like he's even a youth product or someone who has done something for the club.

He's a guy who gets paid a superstar salary and we treat him with more kindness than he deserves IMO.

Put up or shut up time for him (Kaka as well).
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 pm

I wanna see Fanzema's faces when he flops big time once again. you guys are unbelievable. lol

So by your logic having 3, 4 months of good form > constantly scoring in La Liga every season.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:03 pm

That's pretty much everyone at Madrid Z, including the youth product... you either perform now or you're toast. The past means nothing. I like it because everyone needs to compete in the present and not rest on their laurels. Only reason Mou plays a player, including Benzema, is because he feels it gives the club the best chance to win. I may disagree with some of his choices... but Mou's motivation is that simple in most cases. Given his new powers, nobody can tell mou how to coach or choose players. That's finished.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 pm

El Pipita wrote:I wanna see Fanzema's faces when he flops big time once again. you guys are unbelievable. lol

So by your logic having 3, 4 months of good form > constantly scoring in La Liga every season.

Pipita has done it for years right... that's just as laughable by Pipita fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 pm

peace people!!!! you gain nothing from mocking benzema cause of his dark past. give him a chance, if he performs then ou la la! real madrid will gain. nothing good comes out of treating your own players bad.
to fanzemas, he has to prove his worth first then sing like birds about him.

Last edited by I-no on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 pm

You know what I dont get?

Why we have to fight over Higuain or Benzema and who is better and was better before, will be better in the future etc. We all know that for us, Higuain was better and more effective in the past. That all changed with his injury, and yes it took time but Benz did explode, and now he is significantly better than Higuain. He deserves his chance to consistently start at top form. Only when we have seen more of the supposed new and improved Benz can we judge who is better overall, but all this shit is really unnecessary.

Though I find the insults and melodrama most entertaining.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 pm

I just like insulting Lionel Messi... he deserves it lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:I just like insulting Lionel Messi... he deserves it lol.

Successful troll is successful, dude. You think you make him cry by insulting him? Nope. Arguing with cules for fun is fine if some people enjoy it, but I dont like the big infighting about the Higuain Benz war.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:12 pm

I actually like Pipita. Do this every once in a while to get everyone's blood flowing as this is the most polarizing player rivalry in Madrid right now.

Besides, the France-Ecuador u-20 game is not until 3am here.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:I actually like Pipita. Do this every once in a while to get everyone's blood flowing as this is the most polarizing player rivalry in Madrid right now.

Besides, the France-Ecuador u-20 game is not until 3am here.

Just wait for Sahin-Khedira, or Sarabia-Canales. Coentrao-Marcelo looked promising, but hes a CM now apparently.

Spain-Korea is on now but Eurosport are retards.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:27 pm

I feel we will have a debate on Marcelo or Conterao this season, cuz some of our fans always prefer the newer one.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:29 pm

Still kind of a head scratched that coentrao purchase. We could've easily signed a proper midfielder for that price... Not a project.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Still kind of a head scratched that coentrao purchase. We could've easily signed a proper midfielder for that price... Not a project.

Versatile player, great athlete, Portugese, Mendes client, follows orders... here are the reasons why we got Coentrao not a midfielder.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Yeah paying 30 million for Blondie seemed (and still seems) excessive.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:51 pm

He needs to be played Fullback, i really cant see how he wouldnt succeed on the right.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:54 pm

He can play fullback but he will never be able to replace Marcelo. last time we played without marcelo our attack was shit (against a top tier european team)

coentrao is gonna flop if he plays left

(yes there is some fanboyism in this, but i still believe marcelo is the better player)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:56 pm

He's extremely left footed for a start. He would cut in all the time and Marcelo all ready does that on the left.

He has played all his minutes in midfield. I think bar injuries that's were he will be used the most. But here is the thing, is he better than any of our mid fielders? I would say no TBH.

Honestly 30 million really does seem a lot. Then again we're gonna shell out 45 million for toothbrush head so what the hell do I know LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:59 pm

He isnt better than our midfielders, it's a very awkward move i think, im sure he will play the clasico in a trivote, but he imo he would be more dangerous as an explosive fullback.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:35 am

People really need to forget the price tag on Coentrao's head, for now he's an expensive backup player, within a few months if he impresses he will find his place in the starting XI.

The reason mou wants him is because he can run for a whole 90 minutes, reminds me a bit of Di Maria. We already have proper midfield backup, what we don't need are midfielders who would want a starting position as it will create conflict eventually.

I think for the beginning of the season mou will use him as our super sub at minute 60 to either push the ball forward or to defend a lead [the great thing about him is that he can do both].
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next