Zealous
S32TABLANCA
LeVersacci
Le Samourai
futbol_bill
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looks like Khedira made final 50 list of Ballon d'Or Empty Looks like Khedira made final 50 list of Ballon d'Or

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:24 pm

According to AS...

I'm happy for him; but come on lol. Di Maria, Benzema and Marcelo deserve it waaay before he does. I'd even add Pepe and Ramos lol.

Other players from Madrid: Iker, Xabi, Ozil and CR7.

Back to top Go down

Looks like Khedira made final 50 list of Ballon d'Or Empty Re: Looks like Khedira made final 50 list of Ballon d'Or

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:According to AS...

I'm happy for him; but come on lol. Di Maria, Benzema and Marcelo deserve it waaay before he does. I'd even add Pepe and Ramos lol.

Sportsczy, the top 50 list is old. Apparently they make the list down to 23 later this week. As (or maybe it was Marca) predicted it will have 8 Barca and 5 from Real Madrid. I agree re Khedira.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Looks like Khedira made final 50 list of Ballon d'Or Empty Re: Looks like Khedira made final 50 list of Ballon d'Or

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Marcelo didn't make the top 50?

Suprising.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Who gives a shit. Messi will win it anyway..
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:26 pm

From Madrid, we should have had these in the actual 23 man squad: Iker(best GK), Marcelo (Best LB), Alonso (one of the best midfield, though not the best), Ozil (best AM with Iniesta). Benzema had an amazing 2011, but I dont know if he should be in the top 23. In the top 50 for sure though.

Khedira lol.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:38 pm

Khedira 100% deserves it IMO.

You may not appreciate it now but what he does is something this club has been missing for years.

From a Madrid point of view Iker, Xabi, Ronaldo and Marcelo were out top top performers. Ozil. Khedira and Di Maria coming in just behind them.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:According to AS...

Sportsczy, the top 50 list is old. Apparently they make the list down to 23 later this week. As (or maybe it was Marca) predicted it will have 8 Barca and 5 from Real Madrid. I agree re Khedira.

Actually, AS is predicting Khedira will make the final 23 tomorrow!!!! Just when i thought i couldn't think any less of the ballon d'or these days, they outdo themselves.

They're saying Khedira was one of the 23 best players in the world for the 2010-2011 season. Heck... i even think Xabi is debatable, despite his value to Madrid.

what the heck... throw lass in there lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:41 pm

Z... you're saying Khedira, who couldn't beat Lass out until around February, had a season that puts him in the top 23 in the world. I know you're not being serious.

And Marcelo was on the verge of getting benched in late Feb/early March. No way he deserves it and, thankfully, he didn't make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:43 pm

Zealous wrote:Khedira 100% deserves it IMO.

You may not appreciate it now but what he does is something this club has been missing for years.

From a Madrid point of view Iker, Xabi, Ronaldo and Marcelo were out top top performers. Ozil. Khedira and Di Maria coming in just behind them.
Khedira is a player who you won't miss unless he isn't playing Very Happy Anyone who doubts what he brings to the whole team remember the preseason and start of the season without him eco smile
Also, players and coaches voted for him. They encountered him either in their tactics or directly on the pitch Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:44 pm

madrid players for the uefa starting 11?only marcelo and CR imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:45 pm

Khedira was missed because our only options were Coentrao and Lass!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:Khedira was missed because our only options were Coentrao and Lass!!!!!
4-2-3-1, a question to you, name me a complete player to partner Xabi in midfield Very Happy I can only think of piggy Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:02 pm

Khedira was great and still is. The man is a beast IMO and he deserves recognition. What he does is not easy.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:04 pm

Come on, this is 2011 we're counting and Marcelo showed up big time after a meh start to the year, and continued on that level. So he should be in the 23 man squad.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 pm

Marcelo should definitely be in I agree.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:09 pm

babun1024 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Khedira was missed because our only options were Coentrao and Lass!!!!!
4-2-3-1, a question to you, name me a complete player to partner Xabi in midfield Very Happy I can only think of piggy Very Happy

Pirlo, Di Rossi, Cabaye, Piggy, Busquets, Xavi, Sahin, Vidal, Hernanes, Cazorla, Valero, etc. And this is just off the top of my head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Come on, this is 2011 we're counting and Marcelo showed up big time after a meh start to the year, and continued on that level. So he should be in the 23 man squad.

But the ballon d'or is for the 2010/2011 SEASON. Not just half a season...

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Pirlo, Di Rossi, Cabaye, Piggy, Busquets, Xavi, Sahin, Vidal, Hernanes, Cazorla, Valero, etc. And this is just off the top of my head.

And Khedira is more solid and consistent than most of them.

Also Cabaye LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:Come on, this is 2011 we're counting and Marcelo showed up big time after a meh start to the year, and continued on that level. So he should be in the 23 man squad.

Calender year, not season. Unless it's changed since the last time.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:13 pm

Zealous wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Also Cabaye LOL

Oh please... any one of those guys is better than Khedira. And if you hadn't noticed, Cabaye is carrying the Newcastle midfield and they're in 3rd place, 1 pt behind Man U. He's the best player on their team. If you don't believe me, ask Mole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Only guys that would survive in 4-2-3-1. I doubt De Rossi could do week and week out without proper support like Khedira does. In a one out match De Rossi is better but over the year, nope. Khedira is more intelligent version of Vidal. You're left with Sahin and piggy in the end Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:19 pm

Zealous wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Calender year, not season. Unless it's changed since the last time.

Not sure the exact criteria. However, it's always been for the player of the year for the season. It wouldn't make any sense otherwise. That's why lists are announced in October/November.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:21 pm

babun1024 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Only guys that would survive in 4-2-3-1. I doubt De Rossi could do week and week out without proper support like Khedira does. In a one out match De Rossi is better but over the year, nope. Khedira is more intelligent version of Vidal. You're left with Sahin and piggy in the end Very Happy

That's your opinion. If i put this on the general board, Khedira will get shredded. Since I'm a Madrid fan, i've kept it here. But in no way is he better than any of the guys i mentioned in a 2-man midifeld. No way. He's serviceable... good player to have because you can't only have superstars on a team. But when you're talking about ballon d'or, you are talking about superstars.

Btw, Vidal is miles better than Khedira.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:23 pm

i would take vidal,sahin and piggy before khedira
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Zealous wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Also Cabaye LOL

Oh please... any one of those guys is better than Khedira. And if you hadn't noticed, Cabaye is carrying the Newcastle midfield and they're in 3rd place, 1 pt behind Man U. He's the best player on their team. If you don't believe me, ask Mole.

Highlighted for Various reasons.

Xavi can't do Khedira's job

Busquests can't either

Neither can Cazorla

Neither can Hernanes

Neither can Sahin

Neither can Pirlo

He is better than all others highlighted.

I would be tempted to highlight Borja , but Zeal has mad respect for him so.....

Bruno Soriano , possibly , but I haven't been checking up on him this season.Vidal as well.

Lucas Leiva.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next