going out on a edge - Madrid to win next 9 games.

+37
Jack Daniels
BarrileteCosmico
_SuperFloren_
M99
adnyana179
Albiceleste
ijomer
StrugaRock
Vibe
izzy
Ă–MARz
VanDeezNuts
FennecFox7
LeVersacci
LeSwagg James
Kev
punkfusion1992
estrella bernabeu
The Madrid One
Pedram
Mamad
Baraa
Adit
Doc
Magricos
the xcx
guest7
halamadrid2
EarlyPrototype
huntsman
Zealous
S32TABLANCA
Zees
Yuri Yukuv
Mr Nick09
Babun
futbol_bill
41 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

going out on a edge - Madrid to win next 9 games. - Page 5 Empty Re: going out on a edge - Madrid to win next 9 games.

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Zealous wrote:LOL @ those who think Ronaldo won't play xD

Actually Z, if there's any swelling whatsoever in the ankle the day before the game, he won't and shouldn't play. The swelling has to go away and not return for at least 24 hours. If there's still weakness there, you can sprain it again very easily...

Well that's true and I won't even pretend to know the extent of Ronaldo's injury but I think the chances of him being fit to play are higher than the chances of him not being able too.

He'll be rested for Ajax no question though. But I expect to see him against Gijon.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

going out on a edge - Madrid to win next 9 games. - Page 5 Empty Re: going out on a edge - Madrid to win next 9 games.

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:16 pm

I think some of you are not too aware of what kind of team Gijon is this year. They are much poorer than last year and yet last year they were not that great.

They escaped relegation in the last month. Yes they played a great game against us but it was because Mou had severely fired them up. Not only coach, players but fans as well. Gijon is a very proud city.

This year, they didn't win a game in the first month. Coach (longest serving in la liga) was almost let go when they finally won a couple. They climbed out of relegation zone, barely, only to lose the past couple of weeks and move back into the zone. Bottom line is they are relegation bound and will be in this situation for entire year. Again they are not as good as last year.

I find it interesting that the other Asturian team (Oviedo) is having a good year. Historically it is usually one or the other. Oviedo is in 2B, same group as Castilla and looks like they will get into the advancement to liga adelante playoffs (if they continue current play).

So bottom line is, we should easily win this game as long as we keep our focus, not matter who is in our line-up.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Sportsczy: Xavi has decieved me.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:Xavi uses "suffer"... as in "Cesc is suffering". Since then, we only use the word "suffer" in Madrid as derogatory and mocking towards Xavi and Barca. I used to like the word. Now, i can't even make myself use it lol.

oh now i see, so its like the "decieved" word , isnt it? lol

Last edited by BaraaTKF992 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:04 pm

BaraaTKF992 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Xavi uses "suffer"... as in "Cesc is suffering". Since then, we only use the word "suffer" in Madrid as derogatory and mocking towards Xavi and Barca. I used to like the word. Now, i can't even make myself use it lol.

oh now i see, lol

The Xavi Saga:

Humble & Respectful
Cesc has Barca DNA
Cesc is suffering
Ibra has decieved me

S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:20 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I think some of you are not too aware of what kind of team Gijon is this year. They are much poorer than last year and yet last year they were not that great.

They escaped relegation in the last month. Yes they played a great game against us but it was because Mou had severely fired them up. Not only coach, players but fans as well. Gijon is a very proud city.

This year, they didn't win a game in the first month. Coach (longest serving in la liga) was almost let go when they finally won a couple. They climbed out of relegation zone, barely, only to lose the past couple of weeks and move back into the zone. Bottom line is they are relegation bound and will be in this situation for entire year. Again they are not as good as last year.

I find it interesting that the other Asturian team (Oviedo) is having a good year. Historically it is usually one or the other. Oviedo is in 2B, same group as Castilla and looks like they will get into the advancement to liga adelante playoffs (if they continue current play).

So bottom line is, we should easily win this game as long as we keep our focus, not matter who is in our line-up.

They are too poor this year but Molinon atmosphere remain a carnage for us. We are hated there and they're gonna play the game of the season, so we have to be solid and don't under estimate them to not get clowned up as we were agianst Levante.
There will be a lot of provocation, tackles, attempts, insults anything else football)... so we must handle this with wisdom and play our football. Very important 3 pts to maintain the gap.
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Last year it was but historically no. It was all about mou's rant. This year's team is really bad. Only way we lose or tie is if we lose focus. The way Mou is motivating them, game at a time, no way that will happen. And plus I predicted the win weeks ago!!!!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Last season and the one before that we suffered in 1 home game and away game.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
BaraaTKF992 wrote:

oh now i see, lol

The Xavi Saga:

Humble & Respectful
Cesc has Barca DNA
Cesc is suffering
Ibra has decieved me

Lol. Some players... every time they open their mouths, you known something stupid is going to come out. For his own sake, Xavi should pretend he lost his tongue.

He's right up there for me with Cruyff: Immensely good player and just as immensely annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:18 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Last season and the one before that we suffered in 1 home game and away game.

Let's discuss this in about 2 weeks after my predictions have all come to fruition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:43 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Last year it was but historically no. It was all about mou's rant. This year's team is really bad. Only way we lose or tie is if we lose focus. The way Mou is motivating them, game at a time, no way that will happen. And plus I predicted the win weeks ago!!!!!!!

As long as we put this game away by the 55 min mark at the latest with a 2-goal advantage. We tend to get tired because of our pressure defense as the game goes on. So, we'll always be susceptible in the late stages.

But i agree... this one should be easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Last year it was but historically no. It was all about mou's rant. This year's team is really bad. Only way we lose or tie is if we lose focus. The way Mou is motivating them, game at a time, no way that will happen. And plus I predicted the win weeks ago!!!!!!!

As long as we put this game away by the 55 min mark at the latest with a 2-goal advantage. We tend to get tired because of our pressure defense as the game goes on. So, we'll always be susceptible in the late stages.

But i agree... this one should be easy.

Sports, I'm not so sure that we get tired as much as we have tended to let up in second half once we are well ahead presumably to not embarrass other teams. Definitely we are playing (since the first Zabreb and Levante games) much better in first half than in second half. But the only one who looks tired out there at times is Ozil.

In any event I feel I'm on a roll and I won't stop believing until my streak ends or I reach the full prediction (Dec 13th). Just 4 to go; Gijon (3rd), Ajax (7th), Barca (10th) and Pontferradina (13th).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Another one gone!!!

Oct 29 - @ R. Sociedad 0-1
Nov 2 - @ Lyon (CL) 0-2
Nov 6 - Osasuna 7-1
Nov 19 - Valencia 2-3
Nov 22 - D. Zagreb (CL) 2-6
Nov 26 - Atletico 4-1
Dec 3 - @ Sporting 0-3
Dec 7 - @ Ajax (CL)
Dec 10 - Barcelona
Dec 13 - @ Ponferradina (Copa)

And now before I get all the naysayers, let me tell you why we win these last 3 predicted games.

1. Although we will play a B team against Ajax, the game means nothing to Ajax as well. They have vitually qualified as 2nd. Only way Lyon can surpass them is win (& Ajax loss) by a greater than 7 goal differencial. Even at 7, it would likely go to a coin toss as they would be likely matched on goal diff and goals for (the criteria for breaking the deadlocks). And of course our B team is as good as any team out there.

2. Against Barca, although I expect it to be a very close match, we have point lead, confidence, home stadium and better form going for us. This game was the main reason I started this prediction thread in the first place. We also have pride going for us. The whole world is saying we are equal or better than Barcelona until we beat them head on so that alone is the extra motivation needed.

3. And finally against Ponferradina (and although I initially had the wrong date for this match), the beginning of our renewed run for Copa will not be derailed by a lowly 2B team. Once was enough, we have learned our lesson and again our 2nd team is as good as any team out there.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:21 pm

every game from now until the end of the season is winnable/

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:24 pm

deezydeez wrote:every game from now until the end of the season is winnable/

yeh, I see you been saying that but were you in agreement when I made the initial prediction?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:29 pm

For those of you wondering about breaking Barca's record of 16 consecutive wins, here are the games left to win 17 straight.
Dec 10 - Barcelona
Dec 18 - @ Sevilla
Jan 7/8 - Granada
Jan 14/15 - @Mallorca
Jan 21/22 - Athletic
Jan 28/29 - Zaragoza
Feb 4/5 - @ Getafe

I'm not making any predictions on this. That's a hell of a run to maintain. Although deezydeez is right we are capable of winning all remaining games, it will be difficult, particularly the @Sevilla, Athletic and @Mallorca games.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm

the only matchup that i thought would really give us trouble this year has yet to be played and we all know that fixture.

on paper we are the best squad in la liga and the best team in our CL group, its not exactly difficult to bet on the best team.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Oct 30 - @ R. Sociedad
Nov 2 - @ Lyon (CL)
Nov 6 - Osasuna
Nov 19 - Valencia
Nov 22 - D. Zagreb (CL)
Nov 27 - Atletico
Dec 4 - @ Sporting
Dec 6 - @ Ajax (CL)
Dec 10 - Barcelona

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:46 pm

StrugaRock wrote:Oct 30 - @ R. Sociedad
Nov 2 - @ Lyon (CL)
Nov 6 - Osasuna
Nov 19 - Valencia
Nov 22 - D. Zagreb (CL)
Nov 27 - Atletico
Dec 4 - @ Sporting
Dec 6 - @ Ajax (CL)
Dec 10 - Barcelona

How many Wins in a row in all competition is that from us?
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:53 pm

ijomer wrote:
StrugaRock wrote:Oct 30 - @ R. Sociedad
Nov 2 - @ Lyon (CL)
Nov 6 - Osasuna
Nov 19 - Valencia
Nov 22 - D. Zagreb (CL)
Nov 27 - Atletico
Dec 4 - @ Sporting
Dec 6 - @ Ajax (CL)
Dec 10 - Barcelona

How many Wins in a row in all competition is that from us?
i think its 10 drunken
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:59 pm

i want us to beat barcelona's 16 match record in la liga, and i believe we will.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:11 am

were at like 14/15 in all competitions

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:48 am

14 game winning streak
that deserves a :dance:
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Bill :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:22 am

Futbolegend bill banana
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:55 am

What does it mean to "go out on a edge"?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next