Babun
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Doc
EarlyPrototype
73 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Error Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm actually happy rather than sad that neither him or Kaka are going to play there. Last thing we want is them to be an exhausted or injured after their summer holiday.

Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 2 Empty Re: Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:47 pm

^^^^ Good point actually, but still I'm sure if approached with the opportunity, Marcelo would have given up his summer break in a heartbeat.

Kaka on the other hand needs this time to recuperate.

If anyone has a copy of the full Brasil Copa squad, please post it. Sorry I know thats off topic.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Brazil squad for Copa America:

Goalkeepers Victor (Gremio), Julio Cesar (Inter)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Inter), Andre Santos (Fenerbahce), Adriano (Barcelona), Lucio (Inter), Thiago Silva (Milan), David Luiz (Chelsea) Luisao (Benfica)

Midfielders: Lucas Leiva (Liverpool), Ramires (Chelsea), Sandro (Tottenham), Jadson (Shakhtar Donetsk), Elias (Atletico Madrid), Elano (Santos), Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos), Lucas Silva (Sao Paulo)

Forwards: Robinho (Milan), Alexandre Pato (Milan), Fred (Fluminense), Neymar (Santos)
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Thanks error!

No Nilmar?

That midfield looks very weak/inexperienced compared to previous years- Hopefully Brasil can still make a decent push for the title. Very much a side in transition but I like a lot of the new generation.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Jadson, Ganso and Lucas Silva are obviously the creative force but they are too many water carriers in that midfield. Just way too many and Elias and Elano really isn't Brasil NT material IMO.

The strikers are normal. I know when you see Fred one may think "WTF" but he had a good season at Fluminese so he probably got the pick based honestly on form although I would have definitely drop a midfielder just to add Hulk into the line-up.

An attacking imbalance for the full backs? The same Brasil that usually has 2 attacking full backs anyway. Sigh, Marcelo >>> Andre Santos.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Fred, really?
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Doc wrote:Jadson, Ganso and Lucas Silva are obviously the creative force but they are too many water carriers in that midfield. Just way too many and Elias and Elano really isn't Brasil NT material IMO.

The strikers are normal. I know when you see Fred one may think "WTF" but he had a good season at Fluminese so he probably got the pick based honestly on form although I would have definitely drop a midfielder just to add Hulk into the line-up.

An attacking imbalance for the full backs? The same Brasil that usually has 2 attacking full backs anyway. Sigh, Marcelo >>> Andre Santos.

And Adriano too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:06 pm

The coach is taking a big risk with his selection, he's chosen a couple of injured players and a lot of inexperience into a competition, all in the name of rebuilding. I think he'll fail real bad and might face the sack after the tournament.

On Marcelo though, I guess it's tough luck. But he's been through similar experiences at Real Madrid, I expect him to bounce back from this little setback and show the whole world next season, why he is the best left back.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by pepe_el loco Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:02 am

buddytaller wrote:The coach is taking a big risk with his selection, he's chosen a couple of injured players and a lot of inexperience into a competition, all in the name of rebuilding. I think he'll fail real bad and might face the sack after the tournament.

On Marcelo though, I guess it's tough luck. But he's been through similar experiences at Real Madrid, I expect him to bounce back from this little setback and show the whole world next season, why he is the best left back.

^^^ i agree, but maybe a rest is exactly what the doctor ordered, this was the first season we challenged on all front to the finals for a good while so he may be exhausted. but i am disappointed though...marcelo is one of my fav players
pepe_el loco
pepe_el loco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:42 am

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1330061263786/noticia/Noticia/Marcelo_did_not_play_in_the_Scotland-Brazil_match_due_to_injury.htm

Real Madrid respond as expected.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 2 Article-1378957-0BB6C1BB00000578-879_634x470
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Yea I remember the game, he did stop Messi a few times. He isn't as bad as people make him to be.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Well he made a few mistakes and also did well too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:25 pm

He and Messi go some way back, in the 2008 he had Messi in his pocket the whole game when Madrid won 4-1.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 pm

buddytaller wrote:He and Messi go some way back, in the 2008 he had Messi in his pocket the whole game when Madrid won 4-1.
Marcelo's pockets are big enough for Messi Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Messi probably changed to CF because of Marcelo. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:29 am

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 pm

rio de janiero

Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 2 Tumblrlnm4iq5b5x1qiuzkg
Nutmeg Maestro With an Afro : Viera Marcelo - Page 2 Tumblrlnrni1hpky1qhsayx
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:29 pm

At 1:51-2:00, can anyone identify the commentator?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 pm

rich man's messi
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:15 am

He plays with so much joy and happiness, it is inspriring to watch!
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:05 am

is it crazy to say that we will someday have the greatest defense in the planet?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:23 am

varane+marcelo=win

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:14 am

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1330063279185/noticia/Noticia/Marcelo_attains_Spanish_nationality:__This_day_is_very_special_to_me_.htm

Congratioulations Marcelo!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:03 pm

OT question- With his Spanish citzenship, can he now play for Spanish NT?
I know he played for Brasil as youth, but I don't think he yet played with Brasil NT. I ask this in interest of Spainish selecciones. We have Capdevila reaching retirement age and only Arbeloa (right foot) and Monreal as replacements. marcelo would fit in very well.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:06 pm

he cant because he represented brazil youth and if you do that you cannot switch nationalities unless you had that nationality before you played for the youth team
hope that makes sense
it is the reason why arteta cannot play for england
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next