The Madrid One
hrealmadrid
FalcaoPunch
Le Samourai
guest7
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ramos at CB.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ramos at CB....

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Zealous wrote:TBF when the club had more Spanish players it was more successful :coffee:

I think the type of squad we had from around 2000 to around 2003 was a good mix of nationalities.

Honestly though so long as the players are loyal and determined I don't really mind where the players are from. Then again I'm not from Spain so I can see where Bill is coming from.

You can't really compare the past since this Spanish factory of producing top notch players has only been reaping results for the past 5 years. By the way 7 (or Cool of the CL trophies came when the team was mostly Spanish. I would like a return to the days when we were allowed only 3 imports (other european countries were considered imports). I think we could have had a line-up like the following, which isn't too bad IMO.

Casillas
Arbeloa Ramos Varane (import 1) Marcelo (import 2)
Valero Alonso Cazorla
Silva Llorente Mata

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:58 pm

That will never happen. Football is an international game, and TBH I couldnt really care less about the nationalities of our players, unless that is forming cliques and ruining the club. Of course, I understand that we should have more Spanish players and have a prefernce for buying these (Silva v Di Maria thing) but thats about it. I care more about Madridista blood than Spanish one. Marcelo Higuain and Pepe will always be more to us than random Spanish replacements.

I get what Bill is saying, and Madrid is a Spanish club, but 7+3? Thats insane man. The club belongs to all fans, and I'm pretty sure there are more foreign ones than Spanish. Very Happy

How would you feel Bill, if the Madrid people said that they only wanted Madrileno players and not other Spanish ones?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Not to discredit Ramos' performance last night, but his gaps in concentration and weaknesses in general aren't usually apparent when RM dominate their opponent.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Saetablanca wrote:That will never happen. Football is an international game, and TBH I couldnt really care less about the nationalities of our players, unless that is forming cliques and ruining the club. Of course, I understand that we should have more Spanish players and have a prefernce for buying these (Silva v Di Maria thing) but thats about it. I care more about Madridista blood than Spanish one. Marcelo Higuain and Pepe will always be more to us than random Spanish replacements.

I get what Bill is saying, and Madrid is a Spanish club, but 7+3? Thats insane man. The club belongs to all fans, and I'm pretty sure there are more foreign ones than Spanish. Very Happy

How would you feel Bill, if the Madrid people said that they only wanted Madrileno players and not other Spanish ones?

You take everything too seriously!!!!! Look at the posts before mine. I was joking about too many portuguese. I know it won't happen, but I can wish, can't I. There is another Spanish team that is almost all spanish and is rated best team in the world, so it can be done. I'm simply pointing out that there are a number of spanish players we could have had and the resultant team could be just as good as that other Spanish team.

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that there are more foreign fans than spanish, I hope it's not from reading posts on an english only forum. You are right but if you make it spanish speaking you are probably wrong. I've spent a fair amount of time in latin america and they all cheer for either Real M, Barcelona or Milan. In spain everyone (probably over the age of 1) is a futbol fan and that pretty well breaks down to 75% Barca or Madrid (likely 50-50) and the rest other Spanish teams. But in terms of who the club belongs to, it belongs to the socios (I am one). It is good to have International players, but I maintain it doesn't have to be the majority.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:23 pm

who will replace Carvalho in defense Bill?

CB, RB or promotion/re-assignment (altintop to RB for ex)?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:28 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:who will replace Carvalho in defense Bill?

CB, RB or promotion/re-assignment (altintop to RB for ex)?

Ramos and Varane. I said in the other thread you started that the better young Cbs are likely not available to us and with Ramos available to move to CB permanently next year, I think we are fine with Ramos, Varane, Pepe and Albiol (assuming his recent games can continue).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:30 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:That will never happen. Football is an international game, and TBH I couldnt really care less about the nationalities of our players, unless that is forming cliques and ruining the club. Of course, I understand that we should have more Spanish players and have a prefernce for buying these (Silva v Di Maria thing) but thats about it. I care more about Madridista blood than Spanish one. Marcelo Higuain and Pepe will always be more to us than random Spanish replacements.

You take everything too seriously!!!!! Look at the posts before mine. I was joking about too many portuguese. I don't it won't happen, but I can wish, can't I. There is another Spanish team that is almost all spanish and is rated best team in the world, so it can be done. I'm simply pointing out that there are a number of spanish players we could have had and the resultant team could be just as good as that other Spanish team.

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that there are more foreign fans than spanish, I hope it's not from reading posts on an english only forum. You are right but if you make it spanish speaking you are probably wrong. I've spent a fair amount of time in latin america and they all cheer for either Real M, Barcelona or Milan. In spain everyone (probaly over the age of 1) is a futbol fan and that pretty well breaks down to 75% Barca or Madrid (likely 50-50) and the rest other Spanish teams. But in terms of who the club belongs to, it belongs to the socios (I am one).

Serious? How can you say that from an internet forum, you dont even know me lol. Please dont start with the we could have had this and that, yes we know, you told us, we agree, but no need to keep repeating if thats all you want to say.

Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world. Apart from Man U and the Barca bandwagoners, we have most fans in the world. Spain has 40 million people, as you said a good number of them are Real Madrid fans, but come on obviously the rest of the world has more. Im sure Latin Americans support Real Madrid a lot, but thats not the point. Youre not saying we should have more Argentinos, are you?

As for who the club belongs to, it belongs to all the supporters. I know you are a socio and I respect you for that, therefore I dont feel I should be telling you who the club belongs to and how. In a way, you represent us. The socios may 'run' the club (election wise), but it belongs to all the fans. Me, you, Spanish, Argentinian, African or Chinese.

Why are we even arguing about this? Basically, 6+3 rule sucks. Very Happy

EDIT: If you think my support for our club exists only on an English language internet forum, then I seriously cant imagine what your opinion of me is. Shocked
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:04 pm

Wow, you sure take things personally. You constantly seem worried about hurting one's feeling or one being upset!!

This forum is all about expressing opinions and I was simply expressing my opinion that as a Spaniard for a Spanish team, I welcome more spanish players. Do I think we would go back to the past and change rules - no, but I was pointing out that there is an abundance of spanish talent out there not owned by Barcelona that would still make Madrid just as good.

It started off as a joke for Christ sake. Have you heard of exaggeration to make a point!!! As to my repeating my opinions, why don't you say that to Turok about Benz or Sportsczy about French players? Isn't this what the forum is all about to express opinions?

As to Madrid being a world class team with supporters all over the world. Of course I know that. But you are saying the team belongs to the fans????

I used to work for a major international company and it had lots of fans and clients, but the company belonged to the shareholders. In this case the team belongs to the socios. We are for all practical sense the shareholders of the organization. Does that mean that the fans desires are ignored or in the case of a company that clients desires are ignored? Of course not, but it is the executives of the company that determine what actions to take. The shareholders collectively can do something about it if they don't agree with the executives actions. Similarly with Real, it's up to Perez and his team to make the futbol decisions. By the way the Real Madrid organization is much more than a 1st division futbol team. There are many more sports and teams as well as considerable other assets. The futbol team may be the most visible and important part of the organization, but there is much more.

For the rest of you besides Setablanca, I apologize for this tirade. Let's get back to the topic about Ramos as a CB!!!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Borja Valero and Cazorla in Madrid :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:17 pm

I did actually write a proper response, but screw it. This petty thing has gone for too long. I will argue with someone else, but not a fellow Madridista. Your patronising tone is somewhat insulting, but understandable. If you just dont like me I couldnt care less, just dont reply to my posts and I wont reply to yours. Very Happy

Also, class move apologising to everyone except me. But dont worry, forgive and forget and shit. If I can do it so can someone supposedly more mature.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm just saying, Old Man Bill (named trademarked by Doc) has been talking about a more Spanish centric Real Madrid since he came on this wonderful forum. I know he says he joking but I tend to think there is some truth into what he says and you know what, I don't blame him nor fault him.

His response is a bit patronizing towards the White Arrow though...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Doc wrote:I'm just saying, Old Man Bill (named trademarked by Doc) has been talking about a more Spanish centric Real Madrid since he came on this wonderful forum. I know he says he joking but I tend to think there is some truth into what he says and you know what, I don't blame him nor fault him.

His response is a bit patronizing towards the White Arrow though...

Mostly the only Spanish players that I would have playing for us instead of the Portugese contingent all play for Barca............ There I said it. Well I suppose David Silva as well.

If some supernatural being is smiling down on us from the heavens, he/she will hear my request for Barca, in a moment of lunacy, to sell Thiago Alcantara to us. I want to hate that kid, but he is just so darn good!
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2