StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by EarlyPrototype on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Messi, Villa, Pedro/Sanchez and Iniesta.

Iniesta is as fast as Pastore.

EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:24 pm

You are being too generous to them, they are the fastest in france, but i dont think the individual pace matters as much as the speed of movements with the ball. That's why i dont rate them the fastest attack in europe.



_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30574
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:27 pm

@EarlyPrototype wrote:Messi, Villa, Pedro/Sanchez and Iniesta.

Iniesta is as fast as Pastore.

Barca don't play the speed counter attacking style though. It's all build up and ball possession. As far as teams with a direct, counter-attacking style, i can't think of any other.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by ÖMARz on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:29 pm

How do they match us in terms of moving a ball up the pitch on a counter....surely they cant be that good....

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 678
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:40 pm

@ÖMARz wrote:How do they match us in terms of moving a ball up the pitch on a counter....surely they cant be that good....

In terms of personnel, not even close offensively to us... we're miles better. But they have just as good a defense and goalkeeping imo. I also think that Gonalons and Kallstrom will make things difficult with our mids.

It's all about transitions. They like to counter and so do we. Most teams that have success against us pressure us very quickly so that they force our mids to make quick decisions and get creative. Haven't seen Lyon do that yet. If they do it effectively, it will be tougher. If we are able to transition fairly well to the attack, we'll kill them.

I worry about a Lass/Alonso duo. Would much prefer a Khedira/Alonso.

Midfield will dictate how hard or easy this will be for us.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by guest7 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:52 pm

@sportsczy wrote:
@ÖMARz wrote:How do they match us in terms of moving a ball up the pitch on a counter....surely they cant be that good....

In terms of personnel, not even close offensively to us... we're miles better. But they have just as good a defense and goalkeeping imo. I also think that Gonalons and Kallstrom will make things difficult with our mids.

It's all about transitions. They like to counter and so do we. Most teams that have success against us pressure us very quickly so that they force our mids to make quick decisions and get creative. Haven't seen Lyon do that yet. If they do it effectively, it will be tougher. If we are able to transition fairly well to the attack, we'll kill them.

I worry about a Lass/Alonso duo. Would much prefer a Khedira/Alonso.

Midfield will dictate how hard or easy this will be for us.

WHAAAAAAAT? Casillas is miles better than Lloris, sure there is no french bias?

Anyways we're also faster IMO, we have Di maria, özil and CR who all are speed merchants. If Khedira plays next to Xabi we will boss the game, unsure if Lass plays though. I really wanna know whats Mous tought process if he plays Lass against Lyon tbh..

Anyways, last game our left flank totally raped them, I'm sure it will happen again. Will Carvalho be back btw? If so it will be Arbeloa at RB and Ramos at CB so we're fine Wink
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Casillas has had a better career than Lloris obviously as he's had a legendary one... But Lloris is every bit as good today imo. I'm just talking about their current form.

Only reason Lyon made it to CL this year and past pool play in CL last year was Lloris. Defense was horrific in 2010-2011.

He rarely, rarely, rarely makes mistakes and is often spectacular. Has a nutmeg problem with Benz but Benz may not play lol.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Zealous on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Hope Khedira starts. His calm influence will make things much easier.

_________________
StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by EarlyPrototype on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:43 pm

@sportsczy wrote:
@EarlyPrototype wrote:Messi, Villa, Pedro/Sanchez and Iniesta.

Iniesta is as fast as Pastore.

Barca don't play the speed counter attacking style though. It's all build up and ball possession. As far as teams with a direct, counter-attacking style, i can't think of any other.

True, but I was comparing them individually.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Margera on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm hoping we will see this line up in the game against Lyon.


Arbeloa - Pepe - Ramos - Marcelo
Xabi - Khedira
Özil
Ronaldo - Higuain - Benzema

Playing Khedira ensures we have a decent midfield, lass is too reckless and tends to leave Xabi alone in the midfield, same with Coentrao. I really don't see Sahin making his debut in this game so probably best to leave him out of the speculation.

Lyon play very physically and kaka will probably not be able to handle it without getting injured again.

Having Ronaldo on the right ensures we are a threat from the right as well, however I would be fine with Benzema starting from the right and Ronaldo from the left too.
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Yuri Yukuv on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:17 pm

The question is not wither we will win or not but if higgy will redeem himself or not?

_________________
StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Hot_babe_near_fireplace
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Zealous on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:41 pm

I hope he does. It would be a great way to bury some demons still lingering in the background.

_________________
StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by S32TABLANCA on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:37 pm

@Margera wrote:I'm hoping we will see this line up in the game against Lyon.


Arbeloa - Pepe - Ramos - Marcelo
Xabi - Khedira
Özil
Ronaldo - Higuain - Benzema

Playing Khedira ensures we have a decent midfield, lass is too reckless and tends to leave Xabi alone in the midfield, same with Coentrao. I really don't see Sahin making his debut in this game so probably best to leave him out of the speculation.

Lyon play very physically and kaka will probably not be able to handle it without getting injured again.

Having Ronaldo on the right ensures we are a threat from the right as well, however I would be fine with Benzema starting from the right and Ronaldo from the left too.

If you switch Cristiano and Benz, youve got the perfect team right there. But we cant really play Pipita and Benz together without strikers on the bench, unless we try and use Callejon in a 9 position. I think that might be a once in a while option to have on the bench.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Magricos on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:37 pm

One of them can just go center and Di Maria wide.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Le Samourai on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:47 pm

@Magricos wrote:One of them can just go center and Di Maria wide.
:facepalm:

_________________
StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Tumblr_m0ze4mmcv11r7w2iso1_500
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Giovanni10 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
@Margera wrote:I'm hoping we will see this line up in the game against Lyon.


Arbeloa - Pepe - Ramos - Marcelo
Xabi - Khedira
Özil
Ronaldo - Higuain - Benzema

Playing Khedira ensures we have a decent midfield, lass is too reckless and tends to leave Xabi alone in the midfield, same with Coentrao. I really don't see Sahin making his debut in this game so probably best to leave him out of the speculation.

Lyon play very physically and kaka will probably not be able to handle it without getting injured again.

Having Ronaldo on the right ensures we are a threat from the right as well, however I would be fine with Benzema starting from the right and Ronaldo from the left too.

If you switch Cristiano and Benz, youve got the perfect team right there. But we cant really play Pipita and Benz together without strikers on the bench, unless we try and use Callejon in a 9 position. I think that might be a once in a while option to have on the bench.


No Kaka, no party smoking
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Adit on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:54 pm

I dont get this kaka wank fest?

He was good only at his shooting,overall play has been meh

i want di maria to start next game.Enough punishment for him :coffee:

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9338
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Giovanni10 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:18 pm

I wasn't the one to neg rep you but something tells me your sentiments have not been taken to heart.

Also disagree with statement that overall play has been meh. As far as current form goes, IMO Kaka's overall play is actually better than Ozil at the moment.

Ozil is looking a bit drained and worn out on the ball. Is it a lack of stamina or as a result of how hard he works off the ball?
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Kaka has been pretty good... he was so awful before that it seems that he's godly now lol. And Di Maria being pathetic made him look good too.

I'll say this: We should not overly count on Kaka. He avoids physical contact like the plague and, because he avoids all contact, his defense is even worse than usual. Once we get into the teeth of CL and play tougher La Liga opponents, it will be a problem.

On the same note, i also don't like giving Di Maria a free shot at getting his job back. Let him show the teamwork and passing we need in practice and as a sub... he should earn his role back.

To me, keeping both Benz and Higuain with the club is most important here. Play them both. Both can play RW equally well and can switch back and forth with no issues whatsoever. They're both better at defense than Kaka too.

But it won't happen unfortunately and one will likely just leave.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Giovanni10 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:34 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Kaka has been pretty good... he was so awful before that it seems that he's godly now lol. And Di Maria being pathetic made him look good too.

I'll say this: We should not overly count on Kaka. He avoids physical contact like the plague and, because he avoids all contact, his defense is even worse than usual. Once we get into the teeth of CL and play tougher La Liga opponents, it will be a problem.

On the same note, i also don't like giving Di Maria a free shot at getting his job back. Let him show the teamwork and passing we need in practice and as a sub... he should earn his role back.

To me, keeping both Benz and Higuain with the club is most important here. Play them both. Both can play RW equally well and can switch back and forth with no issues whatsoever. They're both better at defense than Kaka too.

But it won't happen unfortunately and one will likely just leave.


NOOOOOOO! don't say that! Such pessimism.

If I cast my mind back to when we played the attacking 3 of Kaka, Benzema and Higuain together against Valencia- it was majestic... Why on earth can't they just both start. There is no pending striker crisis on the bench if they both start. Callejon is fully capable; and you could probably use Di Maria as an SS in an emergency.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Ganso on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:40 pm

The controversy has already started to rear its head in France and the press is just waiting for Benz to be benched against Lyon... it's not really Benz that's the issue; it's the fact that he has a lot of pressure in France. And just to reiterate, there's no way in the world you bench a guy that's scored 3 hat tricks in the last 4 games... you have to ride that. So it's a tough situation.

Also, Gameiro has 8 goals already in Ligue 1 too and Benz cannot rest on his laurels. If he falls out of form, his starting spot will be in danger.... and it should. For strikers, it is really important to be sharp.

Lots riding for him this year personally and with the Euro looming. He can't be passive.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:45 pm

It's after last game that i understood how delusional people are starting to get with kaka.

He played a fairly poor game against betis, but on a single action he scored, and his performance turned into a class one.

You can make the argument, and i will respect it, that scoring is the most important. However, it mainly applies for a CF. Higuain can have a piss poor game but if he bangs 3 on 3 chances, no one will care. For a midfielder, it simply doesnt cut, it's not enough, and the impact on the game has to be greater.

I am happy he is looking better, and i can see how his big game mentality will play when we get far in CL, but there is a lot of hype going on at the moment. Fairly agrees with Czy about Benzema, and Higuain.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30574
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Giovanni10 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:49 pm

@sportsczy wrote:The controversy has already started to rear its head in France and the press is just waiting for Benz to be benched against Lyon... it's not really Benz that's the issue; it's the fact that he has a lot of pressure in France. And just to reiterate, there's no way in the world you bench a guy that's scored 3 hat tricks in the last 4 games... you have to ride that. So it's a tough situation.

Also, Gameiro has 8 goals already in Ligue 1 too and Benz cannot rest on his laurels. If he falls out of form, his starting spot will be in danger.... and it should. For strikers, it is really important to be sharp.

Lots riding for him this year personally and with the Euro looming. He can't be passive.

Quite right, but this is a similar situation for Higuain as well. Its not as if Argentina are lacking in the striking talent department either. Ok Milito and Tevez are out of it for the moment but then there is still Messi, Lavezzi, Aguero, Higuain. How many slots will be made available for forwards under the new manager? I feel that even though Higuain may end up on the bench for the majority of this year again- that should not affect his Argentina chances- he is still a world class player.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 841
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Adit on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:49 pm

not only that,kaka is hindering ozils great perfomance by displacing him to wing where ozil is 1/4 as effective as a AM.


Ganso stop negging me Very Happy

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9338
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:50 pm

@sportsczy wrote:The controversy has already started to rear its head in France and the press is just waiting for Benz to be benched against Lyon... it's not really Benz that's the issue; it's the fact that he has a lot of pressure in France. And just to reiterate, there's no way in the world you bench a guy that's scored 3 hat tricks in the last 4 games... you have to ride that. So it's a tough situation.

Also, Gameiro has 8 goals already in Ligue 1 too and Benz cannot rest on his laurels. If he falls out of form, his starting spot will be in danger.... and it should. For strikers, it is really important to be sharp.

Lots riding for him this year personally and with the Euro looming. He can't be passive.

The press is freaking stupid, and frankly, they know they are going to sell bunch of papers off that kind of story.

I think Mou reminded again to his players not to pay attention to the press, because when they arent playing they know why.

He actually precised that Benzema was only on the bench just in case, and he was not gong to risk him because he isnt 100%.

Any journalist with brain would know that there is near 0% for Benzema to start tomorrow, but they do not care, rationality do not sell, drama does.

What Blanc need is to start playing benzema either on the left in a 433 or behind the CF, because frankly, he is looked too much as a savior for them and if he is touched or injured, they sound like it's the end of the world. freaking pathetic.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30574
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: StrugRock Special: Real Madrid vs Lyon - Match Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum